Learn to Surf & Experienced Surfer Tours Melbourne
Surf X is the only Melbourne-based surf adventure provider for experienced surfers and the Melbourne Surf School for beginners. We specialise in Beginner Surf Lessons, through to Experienced Surfer Adventures from the Melbourne CBD. We visit the best and most beautiful surf spots in Victoria!
If you’re interested in Surf Lessons or an Experienced Surfer Tour from Melbourne, you are spoilt for choice. Surf X and the Melbourne Surf School only run tours to where the conditions are best on the day, from the iconic Torquay and the Great Ocean Road, to the stunning wine region of Mornington Peninsula, down to Phillip Island with its rugged natural beauty.
From the East & West Coast – we have the best surf guaranteed!
- ***** Surf X was a fantastic experience, super friendly and helpful instructors. For the first time surfing my girlfriend and I were able to stand up on the board for a little while. Defiantly a place i would return to for more lessons. We drove up the coast and got to check out some cool spots where pro surfers where the week before for a big contest. Very cool they could tell us alot about the surfing experience and waves. If your ever in Melbourne try Surf X and have a great time!!CaseyCanada
- *****Thank you thank you! I really wasn't sure what to expect going into the day with zero surf experience but Jason was extremely friendly, professional and patient and had me standing on the board in no time! Food was great and the sight seeing stops along the way added to the experience. Lots of stuff in one day but never felt rushed and I never felt like I was "on a tour". Everything from the van to the equipment is brand new also.StephanieCanada
- ***** I just had my first ever experience and lesson about surfing whit Surf X. What a great day! As being very beginner, i got lot of important information and advice. Jason was very good teacher always making sure that youre ok and giving good feedback what went well and what would need to be corrected. Jason is very professional but also super friendly and funny guy, I had heaps of fun today! Steve was also very flexible and helpful whit booking. Definitely wasnt easy for first time, but good experience and now Im even more eager to get better! Thanks for great day. Would definitely recommend for anyone.HannaFinland
- ***** We had a great day learning to surf at Phillip Island. Jason and Steve were both lovely and easy to deal with. A great family friendly day out!!AlanaMelbourne
- ***** My son had an amazing day on the Surf X trip. The crew took their time with the group and was really encouraging as their competency grew. Fantastic sense of achievement for little learners. We had an awesome day. The instructor was so great and everyone learnt so much. It's given us the confidence to get out there again.LizCamberwell
- ***** My son went with Surf X on the bus last Monday and came home raving about the day. It was SO great for his confidence to head out on "his own" and try something without his younger sibling or his mum being there. I had friends going along with their tribes of kids- but Mr8.5yrs totally loved the feeling of freedom he got both in and out of the water. The massive grin on his face when he came home said it all. We are booking again this week.GinaHawthorn East
- ***** Jason and Steve are nothing short of amazing. Great instructors for a learn to surf adventure at Point Addis. They were sure to give a very personal and local experience - showing us places like Bells Beach, and taking us for lunch at a local eatery called Ginger Monkey. Wicked experience in Melbourne and definitely a MUST DO!! Thanks guys...StephCanada
- ***** Awesome experience, Great company and group of guys. The sites on the way to surf were great and the location was worth the trip alone. I would suggest anyone thats athletic to give it a go. Unforgettable experience. I will defiantly go back next Time in Australia.AnthonyNew York
- ***** Great day with SurfX last week at Shoreham last week. Jason was an amazing host and instructor. Was standing up within a couple of attempts! The armchairs in the van for the tired ride back were much appreciated too.DanielMelbourne
- ***** We really enjoyed every minute of being with the instructors and our first surfing lessons! They were very friendly, fun and professional. Both me and my boyfriend stood up on our boards quickly and was all because of the instructor Jason's tips and the location as we had awesome waves. The drive was comfortable with AC and heat and the lunch was spectacular! Would recommend to anyone in Melbourne. 10/10 for sure 🙂BriannaCanada
- ***** Surf X was exactly what I had hoped to find in a surf trip; a cool guide who knows his stuff, a trip to a good spot, great gear and no bs. Definitely the way to go if you're in Melbourne looking for waves.TJCalifornia
- ***** Beautiful experience. Jason, the tour manager, will guide you in an awesome day of surfing in amazing places, and his tips will definitely get you standing on the board or improve your style. Nice food, funny stories and impressive sites to visit come with the package: SurfX is the best in Australia, period!CristianoItaly
- ***** That was the amazing experience to me and definitely I want to go again !! So I will be a sufer !! Jason is good instructor and well organized everything so i feel safe and comfy with him. Thanks again!EunKyungSouth Korea
- *****My son, nephew and a friend experienced their 1st surfing tour last Friday and had an absolute ball. A jam packed fully planned day included sightseeing & learning to surf. With lunch, all surfing gear & transport included, what an amazing program. The kids had so much fun with Jason & they can't wait to get out there again. Thanks...KarenHawthorn East